With the rise in number of corporate companies in the major Indian cities, there has been development and some concerns as well. With the corporate round-the clock working style, working moms need a support of corporate day care centers. The expectation is a decent, clean, professional day care center that is either in or near the office premises.
If you are planning to start a corporate day care, you need to consider the following points:
- Create a professional day care plan that you can sell to the corporate companies. Survey the prospective corporate companies that have high employee strength and constraints like low availability of day cares.
- Approach the HR personnel and discuss the plan with them. You may have important issues like availability of space, labor and facilities. Some of the corporate companies have ready space availability and may also be willing to invest for infrastructure and design as well. If not, then you need to be prepared for all these aspects.
- Once the plan is approved, you need to execute it. Consider the space, infrastructure and compare it with your plan. Anticipating the basic response, work out the number of maids and help required.
- Prepare an estimate of rules for the day care. If you are going to provide milk, food and snacks, you need to work on the kitchen and cooking plans. If you plan to accept lunch boxes from parents, you need to take care of serving and dining facilities.
- Hygiene is the most important aspect of a day care. You need to look into sanitation, proper ventilation and disinfectant facilities of the area.
- One more important point is the tie-up with a good child specialist who is within reach. Once you are set with all this, you can inform the HR who makes the official announcement. The initial phase involves counseling and discussing all the aspects with the parents who are going to entrust their little ones to you.